|Name:||Evgeniya Neshova Ivanova|
|Date of Birth:||March 3th, 1961|
|Place of Birth:||Panagyurishte, BULGARIA|
Department of Developmental Biology
Faculty of Biology
University of Plovdiv
24, Tzar Assen Street
e-mail: geneiv @ uni-plovdiv.bg
4, Assen Hristoforov Str.
e-mail: e.ivanova @ gmail.com
|Education:||PhD (Biology) 1996 -
Sofia, Bulgaria ("Variability of Apis
mellifera L. - ontogenetic and
MSc (Biology) 1983 - University of Plovdiv "Paisii Hilendarski", Bulgaria.
Secondary school, Year of Graduation - 1979.
|Honours/Titles/Qualifications:||Associate Professor in
Genetics - Sofia, Bulgaria, 2006.
PhD - Sofia, Bulgaria ("Variability of Apis mellifera L. - ontogenetic and population-genetic aspects"), 1996.
MSc. - University of Plovdiv "Paisii Hilendarski", Biology, 1983.
Associate Professor in Genetics (since 2006).
Lecturer of General genetics, Genetics and behaviour, Human genetics, Behaviour genetics (since 1996).
Assistant Professor and Head Assistant Professor in Genetics
PhD-student, Department of Developmental Biology, Sector Genetics, University of Plovdiv (1992-1996).
Teacher in Biology at Secondory school (1983-1988).
Major fields of scientific research (Keywords):
Genetics, biochemical genetics, population genetics, ontogenetics, genetics of Apis mellifera L. and on other insects, ecological genetics.
Membership in Scientific and/or Professional Institutions, Bodies, and Organizations:
Association (since 2007)
- European group for bee selection and rearing (since 2006)
- Member of Editorial Board of Uludag Bee Journal (since 2006)
- European Association of Apidology "Eurbee" (since 2004)
- Bulgarian Union of Scientists (since 1992)
tongue - Bulgarian.
English – Reading, Writing and Verbal skills: good
Russian – Reading, Writing and Verbal skills: good
International COST Action FA
- Specialization at Middle Eeast Technical University – Ankara, Turkey, 2007. (Some DNA studies on Apis mellifera L from Bulgaria.)
- Specialization at Middle Eeast Technical University (METU) – Ankara, Turkey, 2003, TUBITAK. (“Genetic variation of Phosphoglucomutase (184.108.40.206.) in honeybee (Apis mellifera L) populations of Turkey and Bulgaria”)
- Specialization at J.V. Goethe University, Frankfurt on Main, Germany (Institute of Bee researches and Institute of Chemistry) 2001, DAAD. (“Fatty acids and lipids in three reproductive glands of the honeybee drone (Apis mellifera L.”)
|Projects:||1. Thirteen completed
projects (2 international, 3 national
and 8 university) in the field of Apis
mellifera and Bombyx mori
genetics during the period 1996 – 2004.
2. Four running international, national and university projects:
- COST Action FA 0803 “Prevention of honeybee colony losses” (Member of the Management Committee)
- IFS-B-606/2007 “Foundation of a Multifunctional Laboratory for Selection, Population and Ecological Genetics for the Needs of Apiculture, Sericulture and Fishery in Bulgaria” (coordinator of the project).
- VU-AN-2/2005 “Making of inventory and certifictes of some Bombyx mori L. breeds, kept in Bulgaria and local for the country Apis mellifera L. populations by genetic and breeding parameters” (deputy coordinator of the project);
- B-21 “Population genetic studies on Bombyx mori and Apis mellifera in Bulgaria” (leader of the project)
Prof. Paraskeva Mihajlova -
Institut of zoology, BAS, Bulgaria
- Prof. Aykut Kenche - METU - Ankara, Turkey
- Prof. Nikolaus Koeniger -University of Frankfurt on Main, Germany
|Social skills and competences:||- working with other
people and in positions where
communication is important - as an university teacher and as a
- living and working in multicultural environments - as a scientist during research work abroad;
- teamwork – as a leader and a member of different research and other boards
Organization skills and competences:
coordinator and member of
research project boards (17 completed and running research projects)
and European group for bee selection and rearing;
- member of Government Commission for Animal Breeds
- member of the Management Board and Committee (National Beebreeding Association and COST Action FA 0803);
- supervisor of 26 M.Sc. Students in Genetics (during the period 1994 - 2007)
publications and books:
||Author and co-author of
more than 60 scientific publications
in the field of biochemical and ecological genetics and three books in
Genetics for students during the period 1991 - 2008.
To be informed about some selected publications and published presentations at International conferences during last 5 years, please, see: List of Selected Publications.
|Artistic skills and competences:||Poetry:
"In a sky, became lighter from white clouds". Poetry book, 2001.
Selected Publications (2003 – 2008)
(Articles and published presentations at conferences)
1. Ivanova E., Staikova T.,
Irikova T., 2001. Human genetics (with elements of General Genetics).
Plovdiv, pp. 206.
2. Ivanova E., Staikova T., Irikova T., 2002. Handbook of Genetics. Plovdiv, pp. 90.
3. Ivanova E. 2003. Genetics in questions and answers. Plovdiv, pp. 286.
November 26, 2008